I.T.I.N. ONLINE APPLICATION
Complete Application Process for Your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number from the IRS
REQUEST A NEW ITIN OR RENEW AN EXISTING ONE WITH:
- A Simplified Application with easy to follow instructions and comprehensive explanations;
Requesting an ITIN can be tricky and complicated.
E-Forms provides all the tools
to make sure you do it right.
WHAT IS AN ITIN?
An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service.
IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Who needs an ITIN?
Foreign Nationals with federal filing requirements
IRS issues ITINs to foreign nationals and others who have federal tax reporting or filing requirements and do not qualify for SSNs.
Other examples of individuals who need ITINs include:
• A nonresident alien required to file a U.S. tax return
How do I know if I need one?
If you Don't have a SSN
If you do not have a SSN and are not eligible to obtain a SSN, but you have a requirement to furnish a federal tax identification number or file a federal income tax return, you must apply for an ITIN. If you have an application for a SSN pending, do not file Form W-7. Complete Form W-7 only if the Social Security Administration (SSA) notifies you that a SSN cannot be issued.
How and when can I expect to receive my ITIN?
If you qualify for an ITIN, you will receive a letter from the IRS assigning your tax identification number within seven weeks.
What Do I Need in Order to Apply?
To receive an ITIN for the first time
If you’ve never had an ITIN before and are submitting an application for a new ITIN, you need to:
1. Fill out the W-7 application;
How e-Forms Helps You Get Your ITIN
- E-Forms has developed a Simple Application, with step-by-step tips and instructions that adapts itself to your specific situation, making it natural and intuitive..
- E-Forms is an IRS Certified Acceptance Agent. This means that instead of having to submit original documents to the IRS and waiting several weeks until they are returned to you, you simply submit them to us via Express Mail using the supplied label. Our IRS Certified Agents will verify them and return them to you also via Express Mail. The verification process will just take a couple of days.
- If you don't have a tax return ready, our In-House Accounts can prepare your Tax Return to be included with you application.